Monday, June 29, 2009

Playgroup Plans

Hello!

I bet some of you are wondering what the plan is for this playgroup - and what happened with the Hills Playgroup. Basically, the playgroup outgrew me and the time I wanted to devote to it. It really was so fun, but started taking more and more of my time planning activities and coordinating with Emily and started being not quite so fun anymore.

Actually -I was still having a pretty good time, but my boys sometimes weren't - since Mommy can get pretty distracted running an activity and not paying attention to them. :( Also, I felt like I was obligated to go to playgroup every single week - and while I usually love that, sometimes we have things come up and can't go. And then I would feel guilty that I had missed it.

So I decided to focus on a smaller playgroup and share the planning responsibilities with some of the moms in my ward who typically attend playgroup. Right now, those moms are Laura Allen, Jennifer Folk and Kathy Allen. The great thing about this scenario is that if these particular moms can't or don't want to do playgroup anymore (like if all their kids are in school or they are just too busy...), then we can easily ask someone else to help plan activities. And by each of us just doing one week a month, hopefully none of us will get burnt out or overwhelmed and it will be fun for everyone!

If you have suggestions for future playgroups - please share them with one of us. And please feel free to invite your friends or family to playgroup, we would love to have them! Just don't invite the whole stake, OK?

See you at playgroup!

No comments:

Post a Comment